Wednesday, February 24, 2016

I think I might be more of a pantser.

The industry (writing) calls people who sit down and write, with little to no plan, pantser; as in, by the seat of their pants.


The second one.

The second one.


 


 


I thought I might be more of a plotter. I mean, I have chapters “outlined”


well in advance as I write the story. I know what’s coming and I write my way there, following the outline pretty closely.


Tonight, I’m writing about an event in the book and following my outline, like a good boy.


Then I realize I inadvertently set the main character up for a twist! I had no idea it was coming.


devil

My new wallpaper


The foreshadowing I wrote and the dialog I wrote led me to do it, though in hindsight I think it might’ve been evil-pantser-angel.good vs. evil


I’m wondering where the sweet, plotting-angel went.


I have managed to write myself into a new outline; for the next few chapters, at least. The outline and notes I had before simply won’t work now that the main character has done this thing I can’t tell you about.


What I will say is, if it shocked me, and I’m writing it… well, I wish I could see the look on your face when you read it.


Oh and do not ever Google image search “good devil”. Wow.


Read about The Pros and Cons of Plotters and Pantsers over on The Magic Violinist’s blog.


 


 


Comments

comments

No comments:

Post a Comment