Tuesday, April 12, 2016

I'm (almost) on a boat!

Well, not yet.


I’ve been looking at sailboats. I considered a motor boat for a minute but decided I didn’t want to spend money on fuel every time I went somewhere.


royalclipperfront

maybe not so many sails


Lagoon-560

Looks nice, right?


I moved to South Florida because eventually I want a really nice sailboat like the one Hugh Howey has. I’ve always loved that look and think that a catamaran will suit me. For now, though, something a bit smaller to start out with.


 


There is a nice 27′ Jack Helms sitting on a dock about five minutes from my house that is for sale at a decent price. I have been over there a couple times to see it. Looks like it’d be pretty decent.


Though I have seen an ad for a larger sailboat that has had its diesel engine replaced with an electric motor. I have to say, that intrigues me, but the guy is really slow to respond to my emails.


Can I sail? Well, I don’t have a ton of sailing experience. I mean, I’ve seen people sailing and I know the act involves ropes, sails, some wind, and strange lingo.  How hard can it be?


I’ll just sit abaft the shrouds and admire the lazy jacks while hoping I don’t toss my lunch into the gash fanny. See? Lingo.


69844b85bd55138140a6954de77c59b0

What I imagine it’s going to be like out there


WI_SailBoat-3

What it will probably end up being like


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


How-To-Avoid-Huge-Ships-Book-Cover

If you’ve never heard about this book, check out the reviews on Amazon.



 



I'm (almost) on a boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment